Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer
Share this role
- Bournemouth University
- Closing date:
- Friday 8th December noon
- Job Ref:
Are you ready to lead and shape the future of BU as its next Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer?
Lead Bournemouth University into the future.
Our vision is to be recognised worldwide as a leading university, with our students inspired to learn, advance knowledge and enrich society through the fusion of education, research and practice. We pride ourselves on our motto, ‘to learn is to change,’ and through our work in partnership with businesses, health care providers, third sector organisations and government bodies, we share expertise and gain insights that shape our education and research, providing solutions to societal challenges.
Reporting to the Board, with an emphasis on the successes to date, we are seeking a Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer who is a dynamic and innovative leader, with vision and drive to build on the University’s strengths to meet the challenges of the future.
Through inspirational leadership and strategic objectives aligned to the challenges of the sector and the organisation, the successful candidate will ensure we deliver a high level of student attainment and that BU fully realises its purpose to; Inspire learning for our students and staff, and in our wider communities; Advance knowledge in practice and the professions, and our academic areas; and Enrich society through education, the impact of our research and our contribution to global challenges.
For further information, an informal conversation or information about how to apply, please contact Ross Highfield firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit:
- A current leadership-focused CV of no more than 4 pages
- A supporting statement outlining:
- your motivations for wanting to be BU’s next Vice-Chancellor & Chief Executive Officer
- evidence of how you have shaped and led a culture of accountable academic excellence within a context of financial constraints
- evidence of your approach to building strategic partnerships locally, regionally and internationally to drive growth and organisational influence
- A 2-3 minute video in which you will outline 'what will BU look like under your leadership in 5 years’ time' - to submit your video, please only use the following link https://myint.video/aJjHjDX4DQ If you are having any technical difficulties submitting your video, please contact email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Ross Highfield
- 07891 138 886